The sister school district model consists of:
- Alternating summer sessions between participants.
- Reciprocated hosting and sending of students by participating families.
- CIRF financial and district support.
- Students are asked to cover travel expenses (approx. $800-1250) subject to CIRF financial assistance based on need.
- Consulate of Japan providing diplomatic and coordinating services.
- Enrollment of participating students in summer school enabling ADA support.
- School districts complete control over student selection.
- Minimal staff ratio of 1 teacher per 15 pupils.
California Japan Scholars Program
1020 N Street, Suite 516 · Sacramento, California 95814
(916) 651-1515 · FAX (916) 414-3706
Email · California/Japan Scholars Program